Saturday, March 04, 2006

REMINISCE

This one you've seen, 14 living children. James is second from left, David on the right, I think. Ruth was in Africa at the time and her image was added later. I think she's the one in the dark dress. Taken in 1932. That would have been the year Daddy was born. Notice grandmother's feet, prim and proper. Click on it. The little boy in the back is Uncle Earnest,the one I flew back to Pa. with to stay that month with Grandma and Grandpa in 1977. Uncle James sent this one too.

I'm going to bed, it's 1:30 and we have to get up early and go to Moms to put the counter in the back room. I'm taking lunch, lasagna, fresh rolls, apple cake decorated with dinosaurs for Timmy's birthday and some blackeye peas, for daddy and mom since they don't do lasagna. Oh, and a gal. of fresh squeezed lemon aid, chilling on the deck. Gotta bake the lasagna in the morning and shape and bake the rolls. Everyone needs this recipe, you make mix them up, set in the frig and use when needed, up to 4 days 'cause they have 3 eggs in them. Come join us. I told Mom on the phone to ask Ruth to come over after church, hope she does. See ya when you get there. Need some help putting up the boarder first thing in the morning, before the counter goes in.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Do you have these pictures? Also the painting by Uncle James daughter, Carol?