Monday, March 13, 2006

Just Rambling



Not much to write about today but best wishes to you all. I trust Mom got home safe today and that the water is down.

I'm sitting here at midnight listening to the wind blow, wondering if I should cut loose and head for the basement.

Timmy and I went to the post office then drove down to the river to check on the water. It's high and swift, lots of debris floating down stream. It's not over the bank in Old Leavenworth yet, I'm sure it will rise some more.

Fixed goooood fish for supper. Broiled it with a lemon butter sauce, good and flavorfull. A stick of butter, or less, has mixed in it,dill weed, garlic salt, parsley, lemonjuice, lemonpepper, dried minced onion, I think that's all. Mix and let sit for flavors to mingle. Spread half of butter on fish, broil 5 minutes, turn over and spread rest of butter mixture on second side. Broil another 5 or 6 minutes or till butter and onion starts to brown. Remove from oven[of course] and enjoy the full bodied flavor. I use white fish fillets. Can't be beat. Oh yes, it also has 1/4 teaspoon of sugar in it.

Beware. The ticks are OUT NOW. I found one on myself today, was still crawling, looking for a good choice spot. He took a little unscheduled trip on a oneway ticket.

Check out the forsythia, they are blooming in all their golden glory.

I guess we get out old fashioned pen and paper and write to Rachel now.

Sarah called to tell me how good the banana pancake was that I gave her yesterday. We didn't care for them, guess because they were too fresh and the oldfashioned oats in them were too hard. I didn't like the mixture of hard and soft, too hard on the teeth. Anyway, Sarah said that today, three days old, they were soft and scrumptous, tasted like banana bread. Glad she liked them. I want to try 'Ginger Bread Pancakes'. By the way, Sharon, Sarah suggested that when it's your turn for our gettogether at your house, that we have a 'Pancake, Waffle' dinner. That would suit Daddy, we could try out a couple different waffle flavors. I have a recipe for chocolate waffles I'd like to try. We could all taste your syrup, promise we won't eat too much of it. Give it some thought. I have a recipe for 'turkey sausage' made with ground turkey and spices. It might be good with waffles and eggs. Mom and I have waffle irons we could bring, you have fresh eggs and syrup. I could bring orange juice and flavored coffee. YUMMMM, YUM, YUM.

Guess I had more to say then I thought I did.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Banana Pancakes sound kind of yucky, but I am not a banana fan. Glad she liked them.
I haven't seen any ticks yet, but then you live in the woods so maybe that makes a difference. Hate those things!