Thursday, February 16, 2006

What? No Posts?

Guess it's up to me tonight huh? I called Timmy over here to show him your bubbles Ruth. He sat on my lap and popped 5 fresh pages full. He said, "Mom if you get board in the mornings, you can come out here and do this"

I definitely don't like what I'm hearing outside. The wind is fierce and blowing with a vengence. What bothers me is two BIG, TALL trees at the back corner of the house, one is hanging over the gerage and tall enough to cover the whole house if it let loose off of the rock it's sitting on. Angels stand guard. Alexander,Raymuth,Pete Leftus and Curley, we sure could use you tonight. Lord, please dispatch your finest, over here to our house for the duration of the storm. THANK YOU. You know what? Since I started those last few lines, the wind has died down to where I can't even hear it blow now. Hallelujah, Praise The Lord, Thank-You Jesus!

Timmy and I spent the day in the woods. We walked down the dry creek bed looking at rocks, moss, little water pools, buck-eyes, acorns, tree stands, uprooted trees, bleached out deer bones and every other thing out there to explore. Timmy balanced on fallen trees, hung upside down like a sloth on another, moved rocks to allow trickeling water to meander freely on it's course and generally enjoyed his walk in the woods. We made a trip back to the house to get my camera and went farther the second time. Got back at 4:30 and we were so tired that we sat down on the floor to rest and watched a little of an old black and white movie about a submerine maneuvering through a mine field in Tokyo Bay. Not generally what he'd watch but he was looking for John Wayne in it.

I had no idea! It's 1:15 am and neither of my guyes are in bed. Timmy just got out of the shower and Kenny is doen stairs on the couch sleeping I suppose. He layed down on the couch earlier to watch something and fell asleep. I sent Timmy down stairs because the wind was so bad, Kenny came up and checked the weather on the computer then went back down and Timmy came back up to shower. He's now watching Charlotte's Web 2. I'll get off of here and go see what's up. Ahh, now I get it. I can hear the TV down stairs now that the frigerator stopped running. Kenny's watching that submerine movie that was on earlier today.

That wind is roaring again and the house is creaking, no it's not. That's Alexander, Raymouth, Pete, Leftus and Curley walking around up there on the roof, keeping a vigilant watch. Thank-you Lord. I can sleep better now, knowing I don't have to worry.

Kenny just came upstairs, said he'd been snoozing away. Good thing, because he's on call and this is good call-out weather.


If I've bored anyone, just tell me not to be so windy, and that I talk to much. I'll shut-up and let someone else do the talking now. Good Night.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I'm telling you those guys are on the ball!!!!!. I don't know how people live without the peace that comes with knowing your maker of the wind and knowing he hears us when we cry. Bet you slept good despite the wind didn't you? We had some wind but nothing like Ind. Rachel

Farm Girl said...

Jus so you know, Rachel wrote the above comment. We couldn't figure out how to sign in on her blog.

The big trees around our house worry me too, in a big wind like we had last night. One of the trees closest to the house is hollow.I don't know which of those big guys was holding it up, but I'm thankful that he was!