I need a fire lit under my tail, a 'pick-me-up,' a boost, a kick, a..A..a..something to get me going. It's 9:00 am and I'm still fighting with myself, trying to get going. The bed is not helping matters any either. It's down the hall calling, "Heh, did you forget me? My sheets are getting cold, my covers are too flat, come on back, lets cozy up again." But, I can't give in today, much as I'd like to. I have rolls to shape and bake, maybe mashed tatters to make, something. I have a funeral to go to at church today. Had the viewing yesterday. Took corn, fried apples and pan of rolls for the family. Anyone want to keep Timmy, he don't want to go?
Kenny started plowing yesterday for a guy Jimmy works for. He took Timmy with him to Corydon while I went to the viewing. He intended to come back to Leavenworth and plow down at the river bottoms but got called in to work so had to take Timmy with him. He then stayed in Corydon, plowed down behind Arby's by that big industrial plant, cant think of it's name. I went to pick up Timmy around 5:00 and we went up to the Goodwill. Guess who walked in? My dear Mommy and Daddy. Surprise. hadn't seen them all week. We shopped together then went over to Cracker Barrel and Mom treated us. Had a bowl of white beans and cornbread with onions and peppers, good. From there we went to Wal-Mart for eggs and such.
Kenny told me to get the vehicle washed but they were closed by then. Saw the tractor headlights down over the hill so called Kenny to see if he wanted to eat. Took him a sandwich from Arby's then we headed home. By then It was 10:00. Kenny didn't get home till 12:00, he put in 9 hours in two fields.
It's 10:00, I MUST get the rolls shaped and baked, let alone raising time. Funeral is at 1:00, gotta go.
Passing the time...
5 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy day! Did you get your rolls made?
Kenny sounds like he is having to burn the candle at both ends? Gotta make hay while the sun shines,I guess!
Think about how many times in your life you so wished you could lay about until 10:00 and you couldn't! Isn't it a hoot to have that option? I love it!
Post a Comment