There, Hows that? It worked Ruth, I just followed your note. I think I need a refresher course on adding pictures to my file though.Reflecting on your comments about being puny, maybe it was just your nature to be 'skinny' like Sarah Beth, guess she comes by it honestly. That 'puny' part may have been Elaine's idea, they thought a person had to have some 'substance' on them to be healthy. Any way, that discription don't fit you any more, no pun intended.
I don't remember being to young to go to school and waiting at home for Sharon or Rhoda to come home. Maybe that's because I had Rachel and Ruth to play with. I well remember being in the first grade at Poge, living at the trailer park, and WALKING HOME ALONE at lunch time to eat. That shure wouldn't be allowed by any school now days, I wouldn't think.
A few years later, I remember a student living next door to Graysbranch school and they wern't allowed to walk home for lunch. Back to walking home, It didn't bother me a bit, but it wouldn't be a smart thing today for a first grader to do. To this day, I still love Campbells tomato soup, that's what I remember eating when I got home. Hot, red soup with little oyster crackers in it. Don't remember eating anything else or Sharon or Rhoda walking with me. I know one time I forgot to take off my green and white checked apron that Grandma gave me. I had left the trailer but was still inside the park when I realized, to my horror, I was still wearing that
'thing.!' I was so embarrassed but didn't have time to run it back home before the school bell rang. I took it off and stuffed it in the mail box which was at the top of the hill, not down at the trailer, and ran on to school. Funny how first graders can be so embarrassed over some of the silliest things. Wonder what the mailman thought when he opened the box?
That's enough for tonight, it's 1:10 and Timmy is whimpering in his sleep, better check on him.
2 comments:
I was 9 and 10 years old when we lived there, at Rosebud Trailer Park. So that would have been in 1962 and 1963. Wow! Such a long time ago! I remember hearing a high school football games being played after we had gone to bed. It was summer and the windows were all open and no air conditioning. The high school was located a few streets away, but you could easily here the anouncer and the kids playing and yelling.
You did it! I am such a proud mommie! Good job!
Post a Comment