So how was your day? How about that sunshine after those 'gray ole days.' It lifts the spirits, says all is well.Timmy did 10 pages of homework today, very easy, he knew it all,.....But, you'd think I was trying to pull all his teeth or something like that. He greatly dislikes having to THINK. He says, "I hate homework and wish it was never invented." He just don't want to sit still long enough to do one page, and for the most part he could have one done in 2 minutes if he would. It's a struggle! I ask him to write his ABC's and it took him 1 hour because he didn't want to do it. Oh well, guess he'll learn in his own time.
I was cleaning out the top cupboard shelf here in the kitchen and ran across a small, old, greeting card box of Grandmother's. In it was a hanky she was crocheting an edging on, half finished, with the needle and thread still attached. On the bottom of the box is a recipe in her writing for 'Date Yummies.' I had been intending to make them for YEARS and never had. Kenny got called in to work so Timmy said he'd make them and he did. They were good but will be better tomorrow or later. I'll post the recipe later. I just looked at my watch ant it says 3:35, had no idea. Guess Kenny working, through me off. Rest in peace.
2 comments:
Little boys are notorius for not wanting to sit still. And to do homework? Oh, Mom, what did I do to deserve THIS??
As to your recipe from Grandma. I have a small greeting card box that she had saved and filled with recipes. Some are ones she copied, others are clippings, but they all are so 'Grandma'! They are so typically 'HER'. I treasure it too. Some of them are dated too.
Greg hates to think too, its so much easier if someone else does it for him. He hates school and all it represents, he says its all the schools fault that he has to do dumb stuff like posters, graffs and studying. I tell him he only has 4 more years left, its no consolation he says.
Post a Comment