Friday, February 03, 2006

Gathering Sand

Happy Valentines Day. If this picture posts, it's not the one I wanted for today, I can't get it to print. Anyway, my plan was to have a good Valentine poem or short story to share with you. I couldn't find what I wanted so I'll just share one I wrote for Kenny some years back.

Kenny,
You asked if I missed you--
The answer is no
Well....in the evenings
When the sun is low.

Early in the mornings
When the mockingbird sings
His song so sweetly
On golden wings.

Late in the evenings
Mid the sunsets glow
When the barnswallows fly
To and frow.

In the cool of the night
When all is still
When I hear the call
Of the whippoorwill

In the heat of the day
When the butterflies sail
When the night is lit
Bythe firefly's tail

When the new mown hay
Lies still on the ground
When the sweetcorns tassel
Begin to turn brown

When the sun is setting
And the sky's ablaze
With orange and pink
And a hint of blue haze

When the full moons hung
By a silverly thread
And the twinkling stars
Nod their heads

When the mist and fog
Settle in with the dew
My thoughts have been
All day with you

You ask if I miss you
No, not a bit
Well....only when I breath
And I can't seem to quit

As long as there's breath
In this soul of mine
I'll love you and need you
Till the end of time

Till the wonders of nature
Cease to exist
I miss you and need you
And count myself blessed.

Lois Austin

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

That is a very nice poem.It says a lot. Kenny is a lucky man.

Ruth said...

Did you think that all up yourself,Lois? Wow!

Lois said...

Yes, that's all my thoughts. That was way back when I was in the car all day driving. It was so easy then, had time to think and it came easy. Not so easy now. I have to wait till my guys are in bed to do this. I need total silence to think.