Friday, February 17, 2006

Off Day


What do you know, it worked. This was taken at Fort Walton Beach on the morning we left Florida. Wish it was that warm here today as it was there.

Well my day didn't go as planned. Not that I had any plans but it was out of the ordinary. Kenny woke me up this morning saying, "Come on, get up and get dressed, let's go." I half way mumbled, "Where?" He said, "To the farm show." I groaned, "Oh no," He said, "OH yes." I repeated, "Oh no." and He replied, "Oh yes." and back and forth we went. Needless to say, we went. I didn't even know he took the day off. I should have known when he stayed up late last night that something was up. WE stopped in Corydon and had breakfast at Friches so we wouldn't have to eat the outrageously expensive food at the farm show. We did get a cup of lemonade to share and it cost $3.50. A single dip waffle cone was $3.50 also. No we didn't get one but Timmy tried. I bought him 10 honey sticks for $1.00. and a bag of soy coffee blended with regular coffee, hazelnut flavor.
I don't recommend going to the Farm Show. They bussed school kids in and you could hardly walk through, it was so crowded. I think it's a gathering place for teenagers, only there 'cause it's a day off from class. Kenny got disgusted and left a little early because he couldn't even get through the crowed to see anything much. Timmy and I were more than ready to leave. We stopped at Sams then at Captain Dee's for a sandwich on the way home. They went to bed early, at 10:30 and it's 12:30 now so I'm South bound and down.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

Love that photo!What a happy little boy!

I sure wish we had some of that weather here. It was 7° this morning! OUCH! Your farm show doesn't sound like much fun! Maybe you could go on a day when the kids don't all go too.