Ruth, where ya been all day anyway? Did Ole Aunt Woosy Get cha? Rang your phones all mornin , Ole Aunt Woosy musta had your phones disconnected. It's a good thing you got a cell phone, but I didn't remember the number.
Anyway, do you want 4 kitchen chairs that go with the little table we set up for Christmas dinner? They are metel chairs with leather padded seats and backs. They are worn but could get a few dollars from the at the shop. Let me know, maybe could bring them in the morning.
Went to Sams tonight then ate at Captain Dee's. I feel like a stuffed Christmas turkey. I only wanted a fish sandwich but got over ruled. Ended up with a 10 piece dinner with hush puppies[and I'm the only one who likes them] slaw and a mountain of fries, and root beer. Had to stuff to eat all the fish, it's not very good warmed over the next day.
Kenny came home tonight with a whole bushel of yellow apples, need some help eating them. I read to him the other day about the 'Three apple a day Plan' and said that I wanted some apples. Well, I got some. Read how all these people lost a bunch of weight and inches by eating three apples a day, one, thirty minutes before each meal. Exercise and a diet plan was a part of it but I thought the apple part sounded good and easy. It don't help any though when you eat out.
Timmy helped me take a leaf out of the big table today. Kenny walked in and said,"Wow, what happened to this room?" It looks more spacious now. I like the little table in front of the china cabnet, the one we brought up for more seating for our Christmas dinner and that's the one we've been using ever since. It 's right under the light and I can sit at supper and look at the nice lighted china cabnet and it's pretties. Thank you Lord, never thought I'd have such a nice piece, let alone a place for my pretties. Driving home tonight, Kenny mentioned how nice it is to finally have a good vehicle to drive. We got to talking about the ones we had to ride in growing up. Like.....Holes in the floor so that when we drove through the creek we had to pick up our feet to keep them from getting wet, like the blankets we had to carry with us to wrap up in to keep from freezing and when it rained we had to scoot closer towards the middle to keep from getting wet, remember those days? I guess it all started when I said that it was nice to be able to take our coats off in the vehicle and still stay warm. I then said "Thank -you Lord for all your blessings," and he said
"AMEN."
When we left Ruths house, we turned right at the end of her drive and went towards Taswell. Timmy was saying, " I've been this way before. Hey
daddy, you have to see this water up this road. You gotta see it. There's fish in there, they are huge, they're hew-normis, there double big bass,I'm telling ya! Hey Dad, can we fish, see, see that water?" Poor kid, You'd think he was born with a fishing pole in his hand, OUCH!!! At church, at least twice, when they ask if anyone has prayer requests, he's raised his hand real high and Pastor says, "Yes Timmy?" His reply was as follows, loudly, "Uh, please pray for my dad that he'd take me fishin more often, and that my dog would stay home."
Out of the mouths of babes.
Passing the time...
5 years ago
1 comment:
well, when you call for the thrid time and I don't answer the phone you might figure out that i weren't there. Did you try the shop? that is where I was headed but was probably running errands in town. Terry has the cell phone so that wouldn't have worked anyway.
Post a Comment