THAT SPECIAL SMILE
Her lips curled up,
Her lashes drooped
Her head was stately bent.
Her glance demure,
she gazed at me;
I wondered what she meant.
With heart-a-thump
and interest high,
I pondered at her guile.
Unanswered still
my question is:
What made that llama smile?
E.M. Mays
Good Morning,
Just thought I,d start my day a little different and give you a jumpstart. I usually do this late at night But right now the early morning sun is shining brightly in the window on the computer and feels toasty warm on my shoulder. It's 25 degrees outside, looks are deceiving.
Timmy is still sleeping so the house is quiet, that's my time to think. I sat down at the table after Pappa Bear left, pulled out a stack of recipes and found the poem above on a page from a FARM AND RANCH magazine. If I could, I'd print the picture that goes with it, help Ruth. The other side of the page has recipes on it from cooks around the country. The SCALLOPED POTATOES look good, think I,ll make them for supper. What else could I have? My guys don't like peas, greenbeans, rice,etc. I,ve had corn every day for a week. To begin with, I was looking for my cornmeal pancake recipe, found it and sounds good. I've never made them before but Sarah and Mom have and I hear they are delicious.
Wow, the sun is revealing, it showes me all the dust on the computer cabnet. I'd never sat here in the morning sun before but it's nice, think I'll do it again.
Baby Bear just got up, [9:15] and I got over ruled on the cornmeal pancakes. He informes me he wants chocolate pancakes. He said, "Iknow how to make them. You just make the usual and while they are cooking you drop those chocolate things in them."
I hear a barge on the river, chugging up stream. When it's foggy we can hear their fog horns blow. The other day there were three barges churning up river, one right in the wake of the one ahead of it, manuvering the horse shoe bend.
Well I'm hearing "Mom, the pancakes, did you forget? I got the cord out for you so you wouldn'd have to , I thought it would be to hard for you."
GOOD DAY
Passing the time...
5 years ago
2 comments:
Your guys and my guys are a lot alike. we eat a lot of corn too. I did find a way to fix the green beans so he will eat them. I got it from Rachel, thanks Rachel.We eat a lot of taters. Fried, baked, mashed etc. I made some decent stew yesterday. Thanks Mom for the list of seasonings to use,Terry liked it. Sarah Beth didn't though. She reminds me of me at that age.
Love the poem!
Post a Comment