Tuesday, January 31, 2006

OK THE BEAR GETS IT

OK Sharon, it's your move, the Bear's in trouble,you haven't said a peep in days, what gives? Ole Aunt Woosy snuck up from behind and gotcha? Hey, I don't usually have anything earthshaking to say either, but when I sit down here on my trusty chair, something ends up on the screen. May not be news worthy but it's out there.

Maybe if you sat down to post at 3:00 AM like it is now, you might could think clearly 'cause your house would be quiet. Seems to be when I think the best, in the wee hours of the morning. Kenny went back in to work tonight at 10:30 so I did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen then proceeded to try out Mom's fudge receipe. I made one batch in my Kitchen Aid and it was crumbly so I melted some dark chocolate and addad it last then mixed it in. It was warm an soft from the hot chocolate, I dumped it in a 9x9glass dish and pressed it down with plastic wrap and a wide spatchula. I made another batch a little different. I put the peanutbutter in the mixer, added the hot melted chocolate [ 2 dark chocolate bars ] and mixed the two together. I then added vanilla, honey, then the powdered milk and nuts. That batch ended up looking more like fudge than the first. Haven't tasted them yet, they are in the fridge till morning. I'll pick the best one for the care package at church tomarrow. We send a monthly box to a girl in Bible collage in Pa. I've sent the home made trail mix bars twice and she loves them. She's always on the go and don't have time to stop and eat. I covered an empty Bible box with pretty wrapping paper, lined it with 2 colors of contrasting tissue paper, packed it with individually wrapped bars then folded over the tissue and put the lid on. Timmy had to draw a dinosaur for her and placed it in the box before I put on the lid. Anyway, I need to think of a pretty way to wrap the fudge tomarrow.

Went to Ruth's shop today and took some chairs, roll of fence wire and odds and ends. Stopped at Moms but they wern't home, boo hoo.

It's 2:30 now, not 3:00, Kenny's not home yet but think I'll retire now. Ut Oh, he just pulled in, Good night.

2 comments:

mom said...

The peanut butter fudge recipie is as it comes from the book..... I always amend the recipe to sute myself ....some times I use maple syrup in place of honey .... sometimes I grind coconut in the blender to a powder ...also do that to oatmeal ..... since ___"the bear gets it" meaning ME if I put nuts in anything.....I be a sneaky cook and grind the nuts too
.... if things get too dry I just add more honey Daddy Bear is waiting to go to Wally-Mart for groceries See ya Later MOMMY

Ruth said...

and we always appreciate it when you do sit down at the computer even if it is 3 in the morning, keep it up.

Thanks for the goodies you brought me yesterday. I was wanting some apples.