Tuesday, January 17, 2006

SAVE THE BEAR!!!

Sharon, leave the light on and unlock the door 'cause I'm comming right over to save you from the brownies. Did I say, "Save or eat?" can't remember.
That Sunday afternoon nap looks peaceful, wonder what one of those would cost, any idea? I'd like to buy one and try it out, is there a money back guarantee?

Mom, Your scones were really good! I've been wanting to make some for years, just haven't got started yet. Thanks for the push.
Hey, guyes, how about a tea party? Any ideas, games, fancy hats, small gift exchange, secret teapartner pal? Throw something out there to think on. I have 10 cups with matching saucers. There's 9 ladies including one Sarah want's to bring, who could be #10?

Yes, Sarah Dear is a sweetheart. She showed up on my doorstep on NewYears morning and saved my sanity. I don,t do stress very well any more but she saved the day and helped me out a whole bunch. She has a way of taking controll of a harrowing experience and making it work out, run smoothly and get it done on time. You know, all those last minute things you've not had time to do, even thought you don't get to bed till 3:00 am, or later. Bless you Sarah Belle, you're an angel in disguise. Your wish is her command.

As for the mommy thing, yes, there's times we wish we could go back in time, be 5 years old again, be foot loose and fancy free, play all day and never, never have to take one of those horid things called a NAP! Now, what would we give to have 10 uninterupted minutes to drift off to dreamland once in a while, to not have to bother our brain about what to have for supper, or to make sure the dirty whites are washed, folded and put away. Oh the sweet relief to remember the kettle of leftover chili in the frig, or the leftover Thanksgiving turkey in the freezer, just thaw it out for sandwiches, pour the tea and get the bar-b-que chips from the cupboard, light the candles and put on some soft music, WOW, Supper is figured out.

ON the other hand, how about those times Timmy says, "Mom, you make the best chichen soup ever." Or out of the blue I'll hear "Mom, I love you, Just wanted you to know that." Or, "Mom, you O.K.?" he hollers up the stairs if I drop something and make a big noise, "Just wanted to check." Or this morning when he brought me two pieces of dry toast in a bowl and one of his plastic cups of cold water to my bed and said, "Mom I brought you your breakfast," with a smile on his face as big as Texas. Or, like tonight at the supper table when he got up from his chair, came around to mine, gave me three kisses and whispered in my ear, "I only gave daddy one kiss." I don't rightly know what that was all about but I'll take the kisses. Or the nights after he's gone to bed, I go in the bathroom and there sits my toothbrush with toothpaste already on it and my cup of water just waiting on me, with a 4 inch piece of dental floss he cut off for me to use, he got it all ready, never said a word about it, got himself into bed and went to sleep. Those are the nights you go into his room, look at your sleeping angle, give him a kiss and wish he'd never grow up. Now I've went and done it, I have a lump in my throught, think I'll go kiss my baby then go to bed, it's 2:15.

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

You have a sweet little boy. I'm sure you have 'trying' moments, but all the little love things and thoughtful acts, make it all worthwhile.

We wouldn't trade Sarah Belle for anyone else in this whole world would we! She is a gem!

Ruth said...

Now that was a masterpiece! That should be publish in a magazine. Is that the one you thought you lost or did you just write again?

mom said...

I just LOVE you ALL.....MOM