Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Still kicking,barely, at times.

It's been so long that I hardly remember how to do this anymore. I shouldn't be on here at 1:45 am but gotta say ' boo ' once in a while.
Kenny finally got home about 10:30 tonight, he's been at his work for the last 28 hours. Said it started to rain at 7:oo this morning and he was ever so glad because he needed a nap. Said he slept 15 minutes before he was disturbed and that was enough to get him through the day. He was called in last night on July 4, because of the storm. He had worked outside all day over at the farm in the hotttttt sun spreading hay over the newly sown grass seed and fertilizer. He and Timmy rode his big tractor down to moms to get the 18 ft. trailer to fill it up with just cut fire wood. He was so very hot, mom made him a turkey sandwich and some of her homemade icecream. Hooked on to the trailer and away he went, back up to the farm to load wood. He no sooner got started and it started to rain so he had to HURRY and get out of there because it is all freshly dozed dirt and on a hill. He hurried through the gap and had to stop and put the gap back up. Got a running go [by now it was slick] and tried to make it out onto the blacktop but a car came over the rise and he had to abort the the run just at the edge of the road. Had to back up and make another run for it but it was really slick now and this attempt failed also. Finally the front tires hit the blacktop and away he went, on up the road. I was on my way there to help load wood, we met on the road, I gave him Timmy, said he was going home, we couldn't work in the rain and mud. Glory Be! He needed a rest. I went back down to Moms to get my blueberries. Pulled in the drive and stopped at the house, it was raining and I was soooo very sleepy so I layed my head back and went to sleep. Woke up a couple times when the thunder rolled then went back to sleep. Didn't even think about Kenny being on call and he and Timmy home alone. Next thing I knew, the car door opened and Daddy was standing there under the umbrella, said Kenny wanted me to call him, he had to leave for work. He had to find someplace to leave Timmy and I couldn't get there in time, it's a 30 minute drive from Mom's to our house. He ended up leaving the dirty little feller at the elderly neighbors, we've never left him there before. I got my blueberries and headed home. Tim was dirty because Kenny had him all day over at the farm helping him. He also got to play in the mud and a little stream of muddy water, great fun to him but great consternation to me. He gets so dirty that he has to ride home with Kenny in the pickup, tooooo dirty to get near the car. And his cloths, Oh dear! There's no soap on the market that would get them clean, Kenny's too. Mom and I spent the day picking 54 lbs of blueberries at the Blueberry Farm in New Salisberry. That's why Tim was with Kenny all day. One day last week, Sarah, Sarah Beth Timmy and another girl picked blueberries while I sat 2 hours in the denist chair getting a 'post and core' in preparation for a 'crown'. Left the denist and went to the patch, picked about an hour and by then, they were more then ready to quit. We picked around 60 lbs. that day. I hope to go back another day to have some to eat fresh. They are hanging ripe by the hand full. You just cant pick fast enough, they are everywhere you look, pulling the branches over thy are so heavy with fruit. It's hard to leave the patch, there are so many, just begging to be picked.
Back to the farm. We've been working every spare minute over there, trying to get a road built over the hills and jully's to get to the spot we want to put up a metal building. The semi won't bring it unless we have a rocked road leading to the location. Once we get the road built, we have to get the foundation built in a hurry because they deliver in September and the road isn't finished yet. The overtime Kenny just put in will help to buy gravel. Someone gave us 50 bales of straw and we have all the old hay we need to cover the grass seed. Now we are working on getting all the trees cut up that were dozed down for the road. The tree mess is right where we need to continue with the road.
Nuff said, it's 2:45 and I still have to spell check this. Good Morning.

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

What a day you've had! I'd come help you eat those blueberries if I could!
Aren't you glad that little boys are washable?


Squeezing whats squeezable,
Squashing whats sqashable,
Little boys, thank goodness,
Are guaranteed 'washable'!

Jeanie said...

Wish I had read your blog before I had made the trip! This farm you are working so hard on, are you all moving to it? Where is it located? Sounds like it is close to your mom's place, as you are hauling the wood to there? Glad that I got to hug you. Always good to see you! Mom says she is going to share the pictures with me, thank you!! :)