Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy






Tim and 2nd cousin



















1. Sarah's longhorn
2. Tim & 2nd cousin
4.Flying 'or the river
5. Cowboy Up
6. Papaw & Gracie May
7. More road


Worked last Friday at the lodge all day then had to fill in down at Ms. Bea's from 4:00 when I got off work at the lodge to Sunday morning @ 11:00. Went straight to Ruth's church to pick up Timmy then we went over to the farm where Hubby was working. We pitched in and helped fill up the 18 ft. trailer for the 2nd time and haul it down to daddy's with the tractor with me bringing up the rear in case we lost a piece of wood on the road, it was so full. Went back to the farm and picked up and piled up tree tops and branches. Did some more dozing and cutting up trees. Built a small, little fire and roasted weinies and marshmallows. Back up about an hour. Kenny stopped to add water to the radiator on the dozer, Timmy jumped up on the track to watch and grabbed ahold of the HOT exhaust pipe. Ouch, ouch big time. He jumped down crying, came to me and took hold of my arm, let loose and grabbed it again, crying too hard to talk. He didn't say any thing but I put 2 & 2 together and figured it out. I guess he thought I could feel the heat in his hand. We ran to the cooler and got a handful of ice to hold. Normally we wouldn't have had the ice but I had just come from the store and had bought wieners and didn't want them to spoil so got a bag of ice to put them on. I put some old, expired burn ointment on his hand that we had in a first aid kit in the tool box but he kept crying and said it burnt worse so we wiped it off. Gave him a wet wash cloth to hold with ice in it and it quieted him down some. It was soooooooo hot and humid, he sat down in a lawn chair and fell into a fitfull sleep for a few minutes but kept whimpering and shaking his hand. The pain wasn't letting up so we went down to Moms and tried a couple things and they didn't help. We then tried 'oil of oregano' and within 20 minutes he was o.k. and started to use his hand. That is powerful stuff. Everyone needs a bottle of it to keep on hand. His finger print area on all five fingers was burnt and white but they never got blistered. He never complained any more about it after that. Anyway, I was away from home for three days without a change of cloths or a toothbrush, Yuck. Got home about 10:30 that night and boy did a shower feel good.
Sister-in-law, Timmy and I went to Sams on Monday. Treated her to some cash that I had made at Bea's and she was ever so grateful to have some 'shopping' money. Stopped at Wal-mart for a few things then hurried on to Grantsburg to take her home. I hurried home, got there just before hubby did, made him a turkey sandwich and we were off to the farm again. We picked up more sticks and branches and added them to the humungus brush pile. We all three jumped on the dozer, went a piece and picked up a big culvert, chained it to the side of the dozer and took it to it's rightful resting place. Hubby then proceeded to doze till dark while Timmy played in the dirt in the pond runoff ditch while I tried to catch 40 winks over the noise of the dozer. He finally quit when it got too dark to see and we headed home. It rained today, thank God, we needed it, or we'd have been back over there after supper. Besides, Kenny got called back to work at 8:oo and didn't get back home till 12:30. This took so long that it's now 2:30 so I'm outa here, good night.

No comments: