Friday, April 07, 2006

What a Glorious Day


Well folks, what do ya know? Rainin over your way? Tis here now but we had a lovely day. I raked leaves off the flower and Tim picked up sticks, under woefully dire protest. We worked till 4:30 when we had to come in and make supper. I had 2 old T-bone steaks in the freezer that I thawed all day. Cut off the fat and bone so they would fit in the fry pan. Tenderized them, floured and browned them just right. Added water and let them simmer about 45 minutes to perfection. The water simmered down to a fine flaverful gravy. Tim requested broccoli and cheese, had fresh frozen corn and leftover mashed tatters. Got up from the table and Hun and Son went out to finish raking leaves before the rain started. The thunder rolled, lightening flashed, wind roared and the trees swayed to and fro. The sky dropped it's bottom out, the hail hurled it self mercilessly to the ground with the vengeance of a pit bull and the race was on. Down, down, down it came, pelting everything within it's reach. Shortly it spent it's self out, whimpered like a whipped pup and settled down to a steady, cool wet, very wet spring rain.

Now I must get my weight up from this chair and get hamburger and onion cooked up just right for a lasagna for Hubby while I'm away. Made his tea and orange juice this am to last him. If it runs out, he knows how to make more. He's sacked out on the couch, must be nice. Gotta get started.

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Your steaks sound good. Do you ever grill them? You make a mean lasagna too! K should eat good for a few days.

That storm was a doozy wasn't it?

Ruth said...

Did he run out of food? you were gone a little longer then expected. I hope he didn't go hungry.

Lois said...

Yes Sharon, normally the steaks get grilled but these were old with a goodly amount of fat and I wanted them both to fit in the fry pan so up they got cut. Besides, I don't grill, normally. I've grilled maybe twice. Besides, the small grill we've used for years finally bit the dust, or should I say rust. The burner rusted and butnt up.

Ruth, yes he ran out of lasagna but he was so busy he didn't have time to eat either. Two nights he didn't even turn on the TV he said. He'd come home from work, grab a bite and run over to English to work on the dozer till after dark, and was on call and got called out too. He tried to mow one night but the mower blew up so that was that. Another night he and Jenny went up town to get dozer parts so he was busy. As busy as he was, I could have worked a few more days if I hadn't had a denist appointment.

mom said...

your 3 dancing friends look like they are HIGH on sunshine !!!