Monday, April 03, 2006

PUT UP CURTAINS AT ONE SLIDING DOOR AND SET UP THE BIG DESK. Problem IS, IT'S TOO BIG AND TOO BUSY, DON'T GO THERE AT ALL. Oh DEAR, caps again, that's what I get for not looking at the screen. Too many tables in the room.

We were at church last night getting ready to leave when the lights went out, blacker than squid ink. Some one had a little flashlight in their purse so Pastor went out in the pouring rain and drove his car up to the glass doors so we could see. Timmy and I ran through the drops and wind for the car. GOT UP TO THE INTERSTATE AT CAREFREE AND TRAFFIC WAS STOPPED, [now how did that happen again?] I was just creeping along just before the bridge and barley noticed lines down across the road in the headlights. It was blowing so hard and raining I could hardly see anything. I just sat there a moment and a car went around me then stopped real quick right at the line. He got over to the side and went under so I did the same thing. Even the interstate 64 was shut down. Hadn't been long 'cause the firetruck and ambulance from Leavenworth were still on their way. Saw a semi going the wrong way on the on ramp trying to get out of the mess. Got home and Hubby was called in to work for the second time. He worked all night, got home at 4:30, crawled into bed and was called out again. Got back home at 7:30, showered, shaved had breakfast and was gone all day. He ate supper then sacked out on the couch down stairs till bedtime. He's not on call but the 'on call guy' needed help. It's hard on the health but good on the pocketbook.

I feel better, my bug was only a 24 hour thing too, PTL. It's 1:30 and I have lots to do tomorrow so I'm shutting down. Good Night. PS. 'R' did you find out about the drinking glass I told you about?

2 comments:

Ruth said...

hey,I looked the glass up and I think they were selling for about $5.00 ea, if they sold.

Farm Girl said...

That was one scary storm! Glad you made it through and got home in one piece.
Nice to hear that you are feeling better too. Not nice to feel crappy for two weeks!