Well it's 3:00 AM and I finally got the corn froze. Left mom's tonight about 8:30 and drove over to sister-in-laws house on the way home to give her a kettle. She said her water quit working. I just happened to have a gal. with me and she gladly took it. They have spring water and a pump house. Her Hubby was too sick to go check it out.They have farm animals to water but had enough for tonight. Any way, she had picked and shucked about a bushel or more of corn today then the water quit and she couldn't work it up. She had put it in a big bag and stuck it in the freezer for the night. It wasn't frozen yet so she told me to take it home and work it up for us. I just bagged 11 bags, PTL.
Helped Daddy mow a yard today, he rode, I trimmed and used the walk behind. He was real glad for the help, said he'd never got it done that fast before. The heat index was about 105.
Granny and Timmy played in the creek awhile tonight, catching crawdads.
Mom tipped a peck of green beans today for me and I drove off and left them in the frig.
Gotta get to bed, good night.
Passing the time...
5 years ago
1 comment:
So glad you could help Dad out. I have been concerned about him, knowing he will try to do his mowing regardless.
Thanks for helping him.
Sounds like you have your hands full too.
Post a Comment