Thursday, August 10, 2006

Good Day!

It's 2:00 in the afternoon, Wow! I shouldn't be sitting here, I have so much to do.
Worked yesterday at the lodge, cleaning 3 bathrooms, every inch of them, changing king size sheets, many trips around the beds, sweeping floors, etc.
Yesterday was Mom's birthday. I had made her a 'Pineapple Lace' cake, placed it in my footed cake stand, placed the dome lid on and carried it to the lodge with me. At lunch time I took it down to Bea's and presented it to Mom. She was surprised. She liked it an so did Bea, she likes anything sweet. Think I made the pineapple filling to thick, which made the cake kinda dry.
Canned 15 qts. of tomato juice, that should be enough with what we had left from last year.
Took a package of 'round steak' from the freezer for supper. Don't know if I should fix it or a fast sandwich. Hubby is committed two different directions tonight when he gets home from work. He is supposed to meet his brother to get some log's ready to sell and he's supposed to go the opposite direction, meet with is son and go to Magnet and check on a backhoe that he needs and would like to buy. It's either buy or rent one to do some work over at the farm for the building foundation and some more work on the new road. I don't like this big debt we're taking on, it's scary.

To answer your question Sharon. Get a big kettle of water boiling, drop in your shucked ears of corn, cook about 10 minutes, remove with tongues and place in a clean sink of ice water to cool. Drain on a clean white towel, cut off the cob, scrape cob with knife and put over into your freezer bags. Add to the corn enough water to just cover corn, force out all the air and freeze. With the water in the bag, it doesn't get freezer burnt. to eat, just thaw in the microwave and cook about 5 minutes, there's plenty of juice and it's not dry. Just add a little butter and salt if you like and serve with a slotted spoon. Good fresh, frozen corn doesn't even need salt or butter to make it good.

Thank-you Ruth for the information I requested on 'Home Schooling.' Yes it was helpful. Looking at the list of things they should learn in kindergarten, Timmy already knows 98% of it. I'm hoping this is not a waste of money. Guess it won't hurt to brush up again on it again.
Best get started on supper.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

The birthday cake sounds so good. Since E doesn't like pineapple (silly man) I can't use it in anything.

You are one busy lady! Don't know how you do it all!

Thanks for the frozen corn recipe.