Shooooeeeee, puff puff, pant, pant! Just made 5 trips up and down the hill without stopping. Gotta sit a spell. Picked blueberries today. Arrived at the 10 acre patch around 8:00 this morning and didn't leave till 4:00. Picked nonstop except for one much needed pit stop. The picking wasn't as easy today. A couple weeks ago I could pick by the
hands full. Today went much slower, had to hunt and pick one or two at a time, much smaller too. I picked 31 lbs @ 2.
oo a lb. Picked on other days, 47 lbs one day, 22, 31, and 22 lbs on different days. Of those I froze, we ate some and shared some. Good eating. This last bunch are to eat on and share. I'll be sorry to see them go. I've picked
every year since Timmy was a toddler. He didn't like to pick then and don't like to pick now, but does like to eat them. I saw a little
hand full in the store for $3.00 for either 1 or 2 cups. Can't imagine paying that much for so little. It's late again, good night.
1 comment:
Sure wish I lived closer, I'd help ya pick!
Those blueberries sure were tasty too! Thanks again.
Post a Comment