Monday, June 12, 2006

Whew!

Timmy and I went to Mom's today, took tuna salad, cherry coconut macaroons, and a loaf of fresh bread. Aunt Marge made tuna salad too, and deviled eggs. Ruth brought chicken salad, pickles and banana pudding.[ She also snuck in a chocolate bar.] Sarah made a light, lemon mousse, however you spell it. We had 8 around the table, and a very good lunch. We weeded some in the garden and by then it was time to go our separate ways, Ruth to the shop, Sarah back to Loogootee and I drove home without 'Little Britches'. He wanted to have a sleepover and go to Bible School with Sarah Beth. I unloaded the car, put supper on the table, and made a wilted lettuce salad to go with the bar-b-que chicken. Cleaned up after supper and Hubby went to plow. I went out in the yard, picked 2 kinds of mint and made almost 3 gal. of tea to freeze. Made Sarah a batch of Trail Mix Bars for her trip and planted a few flowers. Did a load of laundry, set the hamster outside for fresh air, walked to the top of the hill and weeded a little then back down to the house. Sat down in the old wooden, mission rocking chair to preview a good cookbook and fell sound asleep. slept a few winks, woke up and looked at another page and that's all she wrote. Had to get up, wake up and get busy. Soooooooo, that was my day and now it's almost morning already so I'll say, Day is done, gone the sun, God be with us every one. Good Day.

1 comment:

Farm Girl said...

You had a full day for sure!! But what 'trip' is Sarah going on???