Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sunday Dinner

Hey Folkes, what's for Sunday dinner? With everyone present this year, we don't want to skimp on the food. We want plenty, different verityies, some like one thing and some like another. Some may not even like half of it so we need choices, yes? What time do we ring the dinner bell? What about deserts, cookies only? I'll make a desert that Daddy should like, cinda like cherry delight but made with chocolate pudding and a cool whip topping.
Took a neighbor to the hospital today for tests, Floyd County. Stopped at the telephone office to speak to Kenny Lynn, she wanted to stop at the clothing giveaway place, I wanted to stop at the health food store, we stopped at McDonalds for a fish sandwich, the on to the Goodwill store. I didn't feel free to look 'cause she stayed right at my elbow. She offered to hold my stuff while I looked and kept telling me to take all the time I wanted, but I didn't get to look like I wanted to. She lives alone, husband gone, said she really enjoy her time with me.
Back to dinner. I'll make mashed potatoes, sweet potatoers, cranberry salad, turkey and tea. I'll thaw some frozen corn and make a pan of rolls, that way they will be hot from the oven. If someone comes early, they can help with the gravy and whatever else needs done. Sarah, you available? I guess dinner is here at my house? See ya then, if not before.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey, I vote for lunch at 1. I'll bring cranberry sauce, in case everybody doesn't like cranberry salad? I did green bean cassarole for Thanksgiving, want to do that again? How about soft drinks for the guys? I can do that.

mom said...

I vote foe lunch at 1:00 too.Now what does that mean 1 or 2 ??????? I'll bring me and Daddy,ho,ho What do you want me to bring????????

Jeanie said...

It all sounds yummy!

Hope you got the guys to help tote that washer back up the hill! My washer is crying with every load but so far, it is still working. The pump is screaming and something else is thumping. I have a back-up in the wings, when it finally decides to give it up. ;)

Thank you so much for my b-day card! Hope you all had a great time in FL and welcome back to blogging. :) I love reading them all.