Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Surprise

Just checking to see if this thing still works, or if I can still work it. Hubby left for work again at 10:30 tonight and I've been sitting here catching up on blogs for 2 1/2 hours. Antique Mommy's story about "The Box" was a tear jerker , have a Kleenex handy if you haven't already read it. Number One Son got sick , could hardly breath, sore throat, tummy hurt. Took him to After Hours Care on Sunday noon when they opened. Said he had strep throat and the Croup. Got med for both. Throat got relief fast from the 4 little pills. He felt some better on Monday but worse on Tuesday. I checked his temp. about 50 times, it was hovering at 102 as best I could tell. He had a red rash that itched. His tummy was REALLY hurting so I called Doc and they said bring him on in. They checked his temp to be 104, cooking as she put it. She gave him some fever reducer, looked at his raw throat, ask questions, looked at rash and said he has Scarlet Fever, brought on from high temp and strep throat. Very contagious. He itched like crazy at the doc's office and scratched till he drew blood. I hate to give med. but doc said this was very dangerous if not treated properly and promptly. Gave him his two different meds awhile ago and put him in his bed. He'd been on the couch all day sleeping. He don't want anything to drink which is not good. His tummy hurts so, I'm wondering what's going on there, that's why he don't want to drink. Doc said if he's not better by Friday morning to call early in morning and I guess they'd run IV's. My back side say's it's time to get off this hard chair and the clock says so too, it's 1:30. Hubby's not home yet. Need to go check on my baby. So Long.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Yes, that was a suprise to see you there! We are praying for Timmy.

Farm Girl said...

So good to see you back again, but so sorry to hear the little one hasn't been feeling well. We are praying for him to be his happy little self again.