Saturday, September 02, 2006

GREETINGS

Hubby's home again for the long weekend. He spent the day over at his brothers, working on their backhoe. Timmy and I spent the day on lessons, trying to catch up the days we missed this week. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday I took Sarah Belle to the Endodonist in Louisville, down Dixie Hwy. We left my house at 7:oo A.M. and got there at 8:15, she filled out paperwork and was in the chair at 8:30. She spent an hour, reclined in the chair while the lady endodonist and her trusty assistant worked their magic. She left the office $780.00 poorer but feeling much, much better. The toothache left but her jaw was sore from all the pushing they did, filling up the empty root canals. We went to Lowe's and she bought a ceiling fan and we oooed and awed over their lamps and such. Denist said she could have some icecream in an hour so we made a bee line for Arby's and got us a shake. She hadn't eaten in 5 days because of the pain, so she really enjoyed the icecream. We then spotted 'Trader Baker's Mall' so we thought we'd take a peek inside for a few minutes, ha! We came out 6 hours later with lighter pocketbooks. Headed home [moms] and stopped along the way for us each a cup of yogurt and a banana at Georgetown. Got home around 8:00, Sarah packed up and went home, I packed Timmy up and went back to our house to put away our loot. Sarah didn't have room at her house for all her stuff so I took it home with me for awhile. We had a nice, enjoyable time together.
Made lasagna last night, so we have plenty to eat on over the weekend.
Timmy did three lessons today and wrote his cursive E, I, and U's beautifully, some were perfect. I'm really stressing GOOD penmenship and so far, he's doing great. He'll make a perfect letter and I jump up and yell, "yesssss!" and he is beside himself with pride and hugs me so tight I can hardly breath then smothers me with kisses till I holler "Uncle". I told him his letters were lots better than daddy's and as good or better then mine and he was so excited about that fact that I could hardly calm him down. I told him that if he try's and works at it, he'll be able to write better then most grown men. He's already been told in the past that he printed so nice and neat. Hopefully it will stick with him.
Have lots to do before bedtime so I'll talk at ya later.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

So glad that Sarah feels better. A tooth ache is miserable pain! Sounds like you all had a good time. Enjoyed reading/catching up on your posts.